Sorority Row (2009)

A prank goes horribly wrong, and results in the death of a Theta Pie sorority sister. The Theta Pie sisters ban together, dispose of the body, and make a vow of secrecy. However, eight months later, after graduation, a killer in a hooded robe begins to kill of the sorority sisters one by one. Has the murdered sorority sister returned from the dead to exact her revenge on Sorority Row?

When I first saw the trailer for this film, I immediately thought that this would be as horrible, if not worse, as the Prom Night remake. However, I finally, out of boredom, decided to give this movie a view and I must say that it surprised me, I thought it was pretty good. You can agree or not, I do not care. I thought this film was way better than the original, and I really enjoyed this film. I read that only 23% of critics gave this film a positive review, I suppose I rank in that 23% and can’t believe more didn’t rate it higher. Of course, Paranormal Activity got raving reviews and I hated that film, so I suppose I’m in a group of my own.

True, some of the characters are a little annoying, especially the main bitch “Jessica,” and the whiney girl, “Ellie,” but they ‘are’ sorority girls, so that’s pretty realistic. One character that I absolutely LOVED was “Mrs. Crenshaw” played by Princess Leia herself “Carrie Fisher.” She plays a tough old broad, that knows her way around a shotgun. Forget Princess Leia, she has now become, “Queen I’m Gonna Shoota Bitch!”

The story line is a lot different than the original. In the original the sorority girls accidentally murder their housemother, but all of that was changed for this film. The killer in this film wasn’t too easy to figure out, but I did have a “hunch list” of people who I thought could be the killer, and the killer was on it.

As far as the ending is concerned, It was okay…I didn‘t hate it. However it could be a little confusing to some (Shrugs), so I recommend reading the ending to the script, as the script explains things more to whoever didn’t get it.

I watched this film twice before deciding to review it, and I just really liked this film. Whether or not you will like it is up to you.

4 out of 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. If Carrie Fisher is in it, I have to see it. That settles that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought it was awesome. Liked your review.

    ReplyDelete