NIGHT OF THE COMET (SFS Collection Showcase)


Anyone who knows me, knows that I am an avid-fan of the 1984 film “Night Of The Comet.” I scour, not only eBay, but any other site I can find for ‘Night Of The Comet’ related memorabilia. It isn’t easy, Night Of The Comet merchandise is quite rare and has taken a daily eBay search, for many years, for me to find the various NOTC-related items that I am so blessed to have in my collection.

I love when collectors show-case their collections. True, most all of us are in awe, and a lot of the time severely jealous, of what collectors have been able to obtain. However, it can really educate collectors in what exactly is out there, and what they should be looking for. I’ve seen several items in collections that I didn’t even know existed, and doing so lead me on the seek-n-snatch journey to find the item(s) for my very own collection.

I thought that I would showcase some of my ‘Night Of The Comet’ memorabilia today, pictured in the above photo. (I neglected to photograph 2 items, as I forgot all about them until later) *Doh*

• Night Of The Comet Poster (Not Pictured)
• CED (Capacitance Electronic Disc)
• Set of *20* Color Press-Kit Slides
• Press Kit (Including: folder, info, & 13 B/w Stills - (Missing # 13 of 14)
• 9 Color Press Photos (Including rare makeup stills)
• Soundtrack LP *2*
• Kelli Maroney Autographed 8x10 (Not Pictured)

I donated scans of the 20 color press-slides, as well as three color makeup shots, to the Night of the comet.info fan-site, you can view them HERE. This site has really educated me on NOTC memorabilia, and I am so glad it exists.

I’m sure I will showcase my other collectibles in the future, and would love to see your collection as well. So if you have your collections showcased on a site, blog, tumblr, or etc, please leave a link in the comments section.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.
Prov. Something that one person considers worthless may be considered valuable by someone else.

2 comments:

  1. Loved Night Of The Comet! I'm a huge 80's horror movie fan. Enough so that I make and sell horror movie related crafts in my etsy shop. (www.sickandtiled.etsy.com if you want to check it out!)

    Keep up the awesome posts! Liking the fan pg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the link! I have posted it on the SFS facebook page.

    ReplyDelete