Laid To Rest

A woman wakes up in a coffin with no memory of who she is or how she got there. After escaping the coffin a killer, wearing a chrome skull mask, chases and terrorizes the girl, slaughtering anyone that gets in his path.

This film was heavily hyped by Fangoria and various other horror publications. At first I figured that it would be another low budget flop that would leave me wishing that I hadn't wasted my time with it, but thankfully that was not the case, I really enjoyed this film!

The gory special effects in this film were quite impressive. I don't think that the film would have been nearly as good without them. Gory beheadings, disembowelments, corpses & blood galore fill this film. What I really liked about this film was that all of the special effects were old school special effects, there wasn't any CGI in this film. I don't really have anything against CGI, if it's good, I just prefer the old school effects over the new age digital ones.

I had a couple of quirks about the film: 1.) Tuckers wife Cindy accuses (Princess) of being a prostitute because of the "Way she's dressed". I suppose I have whorish taste then, because I thought she looked great! Of course she tells Princess that she has some nice shoes for her to wear, and what she gives her is anything but nice, so I suppose SHE is the one with crap taste, lol. 2.) Tucker later witnesses something horrific and starts to cry, without any tears, now some CGI tears would have worked wonderfully there, either that or some old school visine. Other than those two things, the film was perfect, to me at least.

I enjoyed this film so much that I have given it a rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars, some may disagree but that's my rating. It is definitely a movie that is both rental and collection worthy and I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey this is Chris the cinema man and I too am a follower of horror films. Laid to Rest had some of the best gore effects I've seen in ages. The film had some quirks, but the make up effects made so called CGI look like yesterdays news. If you want to learn more about my blog check out filmslasher.blogspot.com and view my profile and also check out my other blog known as the film lord. I just started blogging and I'm looking for comments ot see how I'm doing. This blog is phenomenal though.

    ReplyDelete