Captivity

A top fashion model awakes in a cellar, not knowing how she got there. She discovers another man in the room next to her, the two of them develop a bond. They both are put through horrific obstacles in a maze of terror, where their sanity is driven to the brink of extinction.

The beginning immediately gets your attention with a person incased in plaster bandages and unable to stop the deadly flow of an acid-like substance into their body, they are completely helpless and you see them fight until the end, enduring unbelievable pain. It is then that you realize that your in for a gruesome movie experience.

This film, while being a lot like Saw, wasn't too bad. I'm not really a huge fan of the Saw films, but I actually did like this film. A few of the torture scenes, like the beginning one, really made me cringe, and that isn't easy to do. The film did a fair job at building suspense, Elisha Cuthbert did a really good job portraying her character, and the ending was somewhat unexpected.

Overall I rate this film 3.5 out of 5 stars, not too shabby.

1 comment:

  1. I did not like this one - I found it too predictable, and I am not really a fine of Cuthbert - though I did like her in the comedy The Girl Next Door :-)

    ReplyDelete