Silent Night, Deadly Night


Young Billy see's his Mother & Father brutally murdered by a man in a Santa clause suit; this leaves him an orphan with an immense fear of the jolly man in red. After many years in an orphanage Billy takes on the job as a stock-boy at a local toy store, but when Christmas time comes around and Billy is picked to be the stores Santa, he finally snaps and goes on a killing rampage, punishing anyone whom he deems naughty.

It seems like all Christmas killers are named Billy. Both Black Christmas and Silent Night Deadly Night had psycho-killers with this name. I wonder if they knew each other? ;P

When I read that scream queen Linnea Quigley was in this film I immediately wanted to see it, but because it was out of print I had to wait until it's re-release to finally view the film. I was disappointed that Linnea's character wasn't given more screen time. Linnea has never gotten the true respect that she deserves as an actress, and I cannot for the life of me figure out why!

The head nun, "Mother Superior", at Billy's orphanage was nothing more than a bitter, old, cold-hearted, psycho-bitch with no real love for children or any respect for God. This film shows, even though it IS fiction, that instilling immense fear in children and punishing them with "abuse" does absolutely no good what-so-ever! Everyone that I have spoken to, that attended a school like this, has had similar stories about how mean nuns were to them; I suppose I will never understand it. I feel that if Sister Margaret had been in charge of Billy, instead of Mother-Bitch Superior, then he may have gotten the help that he needed and would have been spreading holiday cheer instead of ho ho horror.

Overall I rate this film 3.5 out of 5 stars. It isn't my favorite film by-far, but it wasn't too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment