Doomsday

A deadly viral epidemic breaks out infecting the residents of modern day Britain. Those that are infected suffer a long and agonizing death, there is no cure, treatment, or vaccine. The epidemic spreads as easily as the common cold or flu, this causes panic and an immediate quarantine of the infected within the city. Thirty years pass and those that survived are confronted with the disease yet again.

This film was reminiscent of 28 days later. Watching this film instills the thought of "What if?" in the viewers mind, this adds to the suspense and causes you to think. This very occurrence could very well happen in the future, one just never knows. I think filmmakers that make films like this truly capture the reality of how society, as well as the Government, could possibly react in a situation such as this.

I did not know what to expect before watching this film, but I really enjoyed it. I haven't been blogging lately because the films that I have seen were crap, even to me, and I like all sorts of campy films. This film definitely deserves recognition, so you may want to give it a view. I really liked it. 4.5 out of 5 stars!

1 comment:

  1. I thought that this was a very good movie!!
    [though I enjoy all of Neil Marshall's movies] :-)

    ReplyDelete