Deep Red


A pianist living in Rome witnesses the brutal murder of a renowned clairvoyant. He later becomes so drawn into finding the murderer that he follows clues, risking his own life, that lead him to a shocking discovery!

Deep Red is considered to be Dario Argento's all-time masterpiece. I'd expected this film to be somewhat like Tenebre, but it's actually a lot better! The story line to Deep Red keeps you guessing more than in Tenebre. I kept thinking that I had figured out who the killer was and just when I thought I had figured it out, another plot twist would develop that proved me totally wrong. The only problem that I had with this film was that some of the film soundtrack was in English while other parts were in Italian. According to the DVD Insert, those particular portions never had a recorded English soundtrack, probably because they were originally cut from the theatrical release. Of course if you watch this film with subtitles, or are fluent in Italian, then you will have no problem. The murder scenes are typical "Argento-style" murder scenes, the soundtrack is amazing and only adds to the suspense of the film, it has influenced the likes of other well known horror directors, such as John Carpenter. Overall I really enjoyed this film, I rate it a 4 out of 5, it keeps you guessing, keeps your interest, and satisfies your thirst for a good old fashion horror film!

No comments:

Post a Comment