Beyond Re-Animator


Beyond Re-Animator is the sequel to Re-Animator. It is about a scientist (Jeffrey Combs) whom, after the death of a girl, has been sent to prison. While he is in there he has perfected his experiments, using rats as his test subjects. He is later joined by another Doctor (Dr. Phillips), who is interested in his work, and they both work together to perfect what Dr. Combs created many years earlier.

This sequel has way more comedy than the first one, too much for my taste in fact. I actually liked the first one a lot better than this one. This film somewhat overdoses you on camp and with me that isn't always a good thing. Don't get me wrong, I love the occasional laugh and campy themed horror film as much as the next horror buff, but this one crossed the line. When people started growing rat teeth, and a severed penis from a re-animated man started fighting with a re-animated rat, I'd had enough.

I rate it 3 out of 5. It had some of the same feel that the first one had, but that was slightly tainted with the over-abundance of comedy. In the end it just didn't measure up to the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment