The Signal


The Signal is a "mind-trip film" about a mysterious signal broadcasted over televisions, phones, and radios. This signal causes people to become confused and disillusioned, sending them to go into a murderous rage. It is one of those films where if you don't sit down and watch it in it's entirety, without interruptions, then you will not understand what is happening. If you walk out of the room, only for an instant, and come back. then the mere sight of someone conversing with a decapitated head will have you utterly confused and lost. There were a few instances where I thought the very broadcast of this film was causing me the exact same confusion as the characters, but in the end the story-line comes together and closure is given.

While it's not my favorite film, I did enjoy it immensely. It gave closure in the end and didn't have one of those "leaving you hanging" storylines that annoy me so. Watching this film reminded me of Greg Araki's "Nowhere," while they are completely different films they both possess that "Mind-tripping, what the hell just happened" form of storyline. This film is like so many others when I say, "It isn't for everyone." I rate this 4 out of 5 stars, because the story line remained strong and even through all of the confusion, it managed to eventually explain everything in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment