Planet Terror


After reading Chino's blog, RANCID, I decided to break down and finally watch Robert Rodriguez's "Planet Terror." He and I share many common interests in horror films and I thought "If he loved it so much, then I might as well give it a try."

I had neglected to see the film because the mere thought of Rose McGowan walking around with an automatic weapon as a leg really turned me away. So I queued it up on my Netflix and when it arrived, I put it in my DVD player and was continually amazed. This is one of the best films that I have seen in a long time, I will never second-guess myself again!

The film is about a group of people battling zombie-like creatures that were created by a gas invented by a scientist named Abby, played by Naveen Andrews whom you may remember from the TV show, LOST. This film has so many stars in it: Rose McGowan, Quentin Tarantino, Bruce Willis, Freddy Rodriguez, and so many more. I was surprised to see that Fergie, yes Fergie (The Big girls don't cry girl), had a role in this film. When I saw Fergie on screen and became aware of her final demise, I burst out with the following spoof of her "London Bridge" song: "How come every time I'm going out, I get my freakin brains torn right out, by zombie, zombie, zombies?!" Oh snap! Anyone that knows me, knows that I can make a random spoof of any song and that is MY Useless talent # 26!

I can't say anything negative about this film, except that I was sad when it ended, I wanted it to go on forever. Yes, the gun for a leg was a bit far fetched, but so were the zombies, so it all evened out. Now that I have seen it, I'm going to be buying it, because it definitely belongs in my collection!

Thanks for guiding my eyes toward the light Chino! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment