The Mist


The Mist is a film, based on the novella by legendary horror writer Stephen King, about a mysterious "mist" that creeps over a town and brings other-worldly things with it. Giant bugs, spiders, and an enormous monstrous entity with razor sharp tentacles, terrorizes and harms anyone that they encounter. The film centers around a group of people that take refuge inside a local grocery store. We follow them as they slowly seep into mad paranoia.
The wonderful and talented Marcia Gay Harden plays the town nut with a warped sense of religion. She starts to preach to the people taking refuge about the "End of Times," the "Wrath of God," and how God needs "Blood" as payment for all of the sins that they have committed. Needless to say, she got on my damn nerves and I was begging someone to knock her *$@ out! I got what I asked for and more before the movie ended and that satisfied me.
This movie is filled with gore and is a "edge of your seat thrill-ride," I absolutely loved this film! However, I was disappointed with the ending, because of it's sad nature, but other than that it's really good. I rate it 4 out of 5 for keeping me interested and entertained. If you haven't seen this film, I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment